- Diploma or/and Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety) or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with Management System (i.e. ISO 45001 & ISO14001) and other standards related.
- DOSH Registered Safety & Health Officer - Active Green Book (if applicable)
- Able work independently and good leadership is advantage.
- Knowledge & lead of auditing and good understanding regulation of EHS
The Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Executive is responsible to support the achievement of the company’s targets and objectives in the areas of Environment, Health, and Safety and the development of the organizational capability to achieve the expected results (LTA = 0).
EHS Executive supports the implementation of systems and standards, taking part in their development when needed. EHS Executive contributes to creating an environment where Health Checks are carried out to ensure the sustainability of results and uses internal and external benchmarks to drive performance improvement; and supports the reapplication of Best Practices.
EHS Executive is responsible to manage all the relevant documentation regarding fulfilment of legal and corporate requirements related to Environment, Health and Safety areas and is the contact point with local authorities (i.e., DOE, DOSH, etc.) and corporate (i.e., Soshin Group).
You will play an important role to:
- To comply with all safety rules and company’s policy on safety.
- To enforce safe behaviour, identify and report unsafe working conditions and accidents and participate actively on BOS and Unsafe Condition Reporting.
- To brief Safety Incident to subordinates and discuss the necessary learning and action required.
- To communicate Environment, Health and Safety objectives to the plant and actively involves in awareness programs, procedures, systems in promoting safe behaviour among employees, visitors, and contractors.
2) Standard Compliance
- To keep clothe earliness of the office area according to 5S standards.
- To drive ongoing compliance and to comply with (OHSMS), ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 (EMS) Custody of Certification and other relevant systems’ standard requirements.
- To actively participate in EHS/ S&H Committee Meetings and other standard Committee Meetings and carry out roles & responsibilities assigned in the EHS/EMS certification system and other standards.
3) EHS Training
- To establish training needs program and plan for all EHS personnel.
- To prepare the training manual and set the assessment test paper.
- To conduct EHS training and sharing on EHS awareness throughout the plant.
- To conduct EHS Orientation for all newly join associates.
- To assess the competency of EHS personnel/ associates trained.
- To establish applicable procedures and documents to standardize the work processes.
- To ensure the usage of approved and up to date documents/ forms.
5) EHS Department Operations
- To support EHS Manager in the EHS Department operations in 3 areas:
(a) Environment, (b) Health & Safety (c) Security.
- To support EHS operations.
- To work with interested parties on EHS matters.
- To assist compliance with Environment laws and regulations and other requirements.
- To assist the action plan status on gap identified in legal and other requirements.
- To assist EHS Manager in liaising with local authorities (i.e., DOE).
- To assist in conducting environmental aspects and impact assessment; identify significant aspects and monitor status of action plans.
- To assist in working sessions on EAIA with relevant departments and monitor all department's updated EAIA periodically.
- To assist participate in incident investigation, assist in report preparation and interview stakeholders on the investigation, monitor status of the action plan.
- To assist in liaison with local authorities for matters related to incidents and submit statutory reports on timely manners.
- To assist in preparation and submission of the data environment -related data in the system and to corporate (i.e., Soshin Group) and interested parties periodically.
- To assist for supporting in managing security team operations.
- To assist in Health, Safety, and Security risk and threat identified and ensure adequate control measures are taken.
8) Health and Safety
- To monitor compliance with Health and Safety laws and regulations and other requirements.
- To monitor the action plan status on gap identified in legal and other requirements.
- To support SH Chairman in liaising with local authorities (i.e., DOSH, BOMBA).
- To assist in conducting risk assessment hazard identification, risk assessment and determining control; identify significant hazards and monitor the execution of action plans.
- To assist in working sessions on HIRADC, MRSA and Safety related Health Checks.
- To conduct workplace inspection plan as per plan.
- To issue work permits.
- To actively participate in incident investigation, assist in report preparation and interview stakeholders on the investigation, monitor status of action plan.
- To assist in developing Emergency Response Preparedness (EPR) procedures and carry out EPR as planned and assist in conducting post-mortem for continuous improvement.
- To carry out Industrial Hygiene (IH) monitoring program as per plan.
- To monitor action plan status based IH program monitoring results.
- To actively participate in the company Safety campaign, programs, and activities.
- To liaison with local authorities for matters related to incidents and submit statutory reports in timely manner.
- To support in administrating OMNIESAFE safety tools.