The post is responsible for the management of SIDREC’s policy and advocacy work. The includes managing initiatives that seek to continuously enhance SIDREC’s dispute resolution process, including technical ones. In addition, the job holder will be responsible to manage initiatives to enhance the understanding of SIDREC’s role in the capital market among a broad range of stakeholders, including individual investors, capital market intermediaries, industry associations and the media.
- Manage SIDREC’s policy and advocacy work
- Develop policy related documentation such as reports and papers with the view to continuously enhance SIDREC’s dispute resolution process, including but not limited to submissions to the relevant regulators and industry stakeholders.
- Support the management of key areas of a merger exercise, including policy development, public relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Support the work of SIDREC’s Rules & Regulations Committee.
- Support the development and execution of SIDREC’s annual and/or other periodic communications plan that advocates for investor protection and alternative dispute resolution with the view to raising awareness of SIDREC and its services among stakeholders and maximising SIDREC’s reach across key areas of the retail capital market.
- Support the development of applications to appropriate bodies for funding to finance SIDREC’s awareness initiatives.
- Manage the design and implementation of studies, including surveys, to measure stakeholder and/or public response in areas of interest to SIDREC.
- Actively monitor and analyse emerging issues and trends affecting areas of interest to SIDREC as well as develop and execute appropriate organisational responses, including but not limited to the development of policy papers relating to investor protection in the retail capital market.
- Develop, track and refine relevant metrics for SIDREC’s communication strategies and their impact.
- Initiate and continue the systematic preservation of organisational knowledge and network in relation to corporate communication by developing, maintaining and periodically enhancing SIDREC’s Corporate Communication Policy and Procedures and fostering connections with the media and relevant vendors such as creative agencies.
Publications and Content Development
- Manage the publication and co-ordination of SIDREC’s Annual Report, regulatory reports and other corporate publications such as SIDREC’s dr magazine, including but not limited to writing articles and sourcing for article contributions for the various publications as appropriate.
- Design and layout SIDREC’s publications such as Annual Reports and dr Magazine, including but not limited to generating and executing ideas for their overarching theme, cover design as well as internal design and layout.
- Draft or support the preparation of presentations and/or speeches as required.
- Edit and proofread SIDREC’s publications for typographical errors.
- Develop and manage SIDREC’s online presence and digital assets, including but not limited to managing, developing and producing editorials for SIDREC’s various online platforms with a view to ensuring strategic, engaging and consistent messaging.
- Manage, monitor and update SIDREC’s website.
- Plan and monitor SIDREC’s ongoing presence on social media i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Creative Collateral Design
- Design creative collaterals from brief to execution. The briefs may vary from print, digital, outdoor and experiential and may be for differing purposes such as SIDREC’s Annual General Meeting, Members’ Briefing and other events.
- Develop and enhance video, audio, static and other collaterals to ensure that they contain compelling narratives that bring to life SIDREC’s work.
Event Planning & Management
- Manage SIDREC’s participation in relevant third-party events and exhibitions, including but not limited to ensuring the adherence to SIDREC’s branding and managing logistics.
- Develop and implement initiatives to encourage the growth of an engaged community of SIDREC audience comprising of individual investors, capital market intermediaries, industry associations, the media and other capital market stakeholders.
- Actively coordinate SIDREC’s communication strategies with other areas of the organisation.
- Develop and enhance SIDREC’s media relations, including but not limited to the effective management of media buys for approved advertising initiatives.
- Support the SIDREC Chairman, CEO and other approved persons in the conduct of media engagement, including but not limited to co-ordinating logistics for interviews as well as preparing necessary internal briefs, external media kits, press releases or by-lined articles.
- Mentor and coach SIDREC’s staff who are supporting SIDREC’s corporate communication functions.
- Support efforts to manage SIDREC’s resources effectively and efficiently
- Comply with all relevant regulations and procedures.
- Undertake such other assignments/projects as may be instructed by the CEO from time to time
Job Requirement: Qualification and Experience
- A Degree in Law, Economics, Finance, History, Mathematics or other relevant discipline with a minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in developing and executing successful strategic communication initiatives
- Solid experience in the regular development of policy papers, including but not limited the drafting of rules and regulations
- Solid experience in the development and maintenance of communications policies and practices.
- Solid experience in the preparation of annual reports, advocacy briefs and other corporate publications, including the ability to desktop publish reports.
- Strong understanding of current trends in digital media and effective use of online platforms
- Strong understanding of effective analytics of social media presence to feed into communication strategy
- Solid experience in the management of websites, including the ability to update websites
- Solid experience in the management of social media platforms, including the ability to update content on such platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively design and execute surveys.
- Proven ability to grasp and present niche concepts and to accommodate different audience demographics in the development of content and/or other communication materials.
- Proven editing, proofreading, layout and design and publication production skills.
- Proven ability to lead the organisation of events
- Proven ability to design creative collaterals from brief to execution
- Proven ability to manage the organisation of events
- Proven ability to develop and manage a network of vendors
- Experience in leading a function and managing budgets
- Experience in branding principles and in public and media relations
- Solid network with media outlets and vendors within the creative industry
- Understanding and appreciation of SIDREC’s role in the capital market and its non-profit nature
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Highly proficient in video conferencing facilities, particularly Zoom and Google Meet
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effect, 3D sketch-up and other design software is an added advantage
- Proficiency in WordPress is an added advantage
- Experience in drafting of rules and regulations is an added advantage
- Experience in personal finance/retail capital market and/or financial market related media an added advantage
Other General Requirements
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with the CEO and other members of the Management team
- Must be committed to the values and ethos of SIDREC
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Must be flexible, agile and self-directed with proven superior project management and time management skills paired with the ability to manage multiple strategic communication initiatives simultaneously
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines where necessary
- Must be a confident communicator, presenter and collaborator, with sound active listening and team-oriented working skills
- Must be highly detailed-oriented and meticulous
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting their cover letter and resume together with current and expected salary and a recent passport-size photograph.