The ideal candidate for this position will be in charge of metre data management (MDM) and other applications geared toward the smart grid throughout their entire lifecycle. This includes the activities related to gathering requirements, documenting specifications, building and configuring systems, testing, Q&A, delivery, and post-Go-Live activities. The Solution Engineer role will contribute to the software installation, configuration, business validation, performance tuning, exception handling and implementation support efforts of the Professional Services team. This is a customer facing position that requires a high level of professionalism, working hand in hand with the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Solution Architect, other Solution Engineers, and the end-user base to deliver a quality solution. Understanding of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM) is a plus. This is an analytical, technical, problem-solving, customer facing position focused on installing, configuring, and testing Smart Grid software solutions to meet customer requirements. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely, and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Take part in teams that include other Solution Engineers, Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Solution Architects.
- Offer work estimates and frequent status updates for project planning and monitoring.
- Deploy EnergyIP® Platform and Smart Grid Application solutions and test their configuration and functionality.
- Assist in the creation of workflows, fresh processes, data flows, and integrations with current business procedures and systems.
- Through an on-site implementation test cycle, develop and deliver end user training and workshops.
- For the EnergyIP® Platform and Smart Grid Application solutions, develop, carry out, and support customer acceptance test plans.
- Offer technical support for developing operational processes.
- Recognize, record, monitor, and aid in resolving software and process issues.
- Answer end users', internal customers', and outside customers' technical questions about the functionality of software in the first tier of support.
- Execute and complete projects with little oversight.
- Promote installation and deployment best practices.
- Play both a team role and an individual contributor as needed by the business.
- Both domestic and foreign travel
- BE degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant field.
- Experience in enterprise systems integration and extensive customer-facing consulting experience
- Experience creating technical documentation (requirements, high- and low-level design documents, etc) Experience installing software’s i.e., Oracle, Siebel, Tibco, Tomcat preferably on UNIX and Windows platforms and maintaining several versions of the software in both virtual and hosted solutions.
- Unix navigation and system administration includes TCP/IP networking, security, and management preferably on multiple platforms including AIX, RedHat ES4,
- Oracle 10G or higher, understands databases and DBA best practices
- Proficiency in PL/SQL, Packages, Triggers, Procedures
- Hands on Experience with Web technology deployment, configuration, and administration.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus architecture.
- Understanding of Java web applications server technology specifically integration technologies including JMS / Web Services / Rest / SOAP / XML
- Hands on Experience with using a source control system like Clear Case, Perforce etc.
- Comfortable driving installation and deployment standards and works well in front of customers in conjunction with the Professional Services organization.
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation and Load technologies (ETL).
- Knowledge on Meter Data Management Systems and Smart Grid