Create a great resume
Make sure your resume is clear to read.
Employers and recruiters use your resume to evaluate your skills, experience, and your value to their business or client. If your resume is riddled with errors or is difficult to read, the chances of an employer calling for an interview are lower.
From the start, your resume should be easy to read and understand. Make use of a clear font type (Arial, Times New Roman) and ensure your details are consistent, concise, and clear. Try to avoid tiny fonts, dense blocks of text, excessive jargon, and inconsistent formatting.
How to Write a Resume (Basic Steps):
- Choose the right format and layout.
- Include your personal details and contact information.
- List your work experience and achievements, including educational achievements.
- Include your top skills.
- Mention additional information about yourself, such as languages, hobbies, and career goals.
- Craft a cover letter.
- Double check your resume and cover letter before applying for jobs.
Keep your resume focused.
Your resume should either be tailored for a specific job or only include your basic information, such as your skills and previous work experience. Avoid adding information that is not necessary, as this might affect the length of your resume. Most employers and recruiters will ask for a resume that is no longer than three pages.
Highlight your transferable skills.
While you want to show off why you’re the ideal candidate for a specific role, you also want to showcase why you’re right for any role. Therefore, it's important that you highlight your transferable skills which could be used in any job. These include technical, interpersonal, or communication skills.
Keep your job search focused
Start by using keywords that match your interests, the location where you want to work, and the industry you'd like to work in. By doing this, you will receive more relevant job listings to review.
Make use of advanced search options
Kroja.my provide users with an “Advanced Search” option to help navigate through thousands of job listings. With this option, you can easily search by location, job title, categories, type of job, type of salary, and more.
Prepare for an interview
When you receive an official invite for an interview, you need to be well prepared. By preparing for an interview in advance, you have a better chance of impressing the interview panel and succeeding in the next round of interviews.
How to prepare for an interview:
- Research the business and the role you applied for.
- Dress appropriately and professionally.
- Practice answering questions you think will apply to the role. You can also research common interview questions related to the role.
- Make an effort to showcase your skills, experience, and qualifications.